We will miss you so much Toby!

We will miss you so much Toby!
TOBY WAYNE HIXENBAUGH our little Yorkie died on Sunday. We had him for 11 yrs.

Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Shia likes His Bath!

Shia is having fun puting the block thru the bathtub hoop
He likes to put the crab into the container, then pour it and the water out into tub

Ever since Shia has been born we have had such a terrible time giving him a bath. He always would cry if he got near the tub or if the water was running. When we would put him in the tub he would scream bloody murder and the whole time trying to get out, so I would hurry wash him and get him out and I would always be so drenched with water.
Last week I put only about a half inch of water in the tub and 3 small bathtime toys, ( I have done this before and it didn't work) I put shia in the tub and I showed him what to do with the toys and he started to play. I couldn't believe it, he had such a fun time! I didn't dare wash him or his hair didn't want to spoil the fun. Every day I did this same routine and he played like he never had any problem before. Who knew??? We just had to be patient and wait for him to be ready. Now I need to work on him going to bed in his crib .... patience I keep reminding my self, and it is so true when you are a grandparent you have so much more patience.


1 comment:

Debbie said...

That is so good that he likes his baths now. You are right we just have to wait and do things on their time! I miss you :)